The Crystal Cave by F




Insanity returns as the summer reaches its teenage rebellious age. The heats obnoxious rage sticks to my shirt and the sweat rolls down the small of my back tempting me to return to a life that I was not in control of. My mind does somersaults and the idea of being high twists around inside my addict brain. "Use use use" says the little tweeker train that could. "Plunge the needle" says the tweeker who could use a fix. The insanity of summer blows its hot rays on my face and I wish I could get lost in the mesmerizing, tantalizing and false reality of the digital flesh images on an impossibly large screen. I trick myself into thinking I want to be close to some sexy random stranger but I crave the the selfish solidarity of the Crystal cave. "Be brave," say the man who seeks recovery. I walked through the valley in the shadow of death. I feared no evil for when I flirted with the Vail of the abyss I asked for the rope to tie me to some earthy hope and redemption. The sweltering heat swells the calm waters of peace inside me and the vessel of my soul wants to boil over. The insanity of the summer awakens the memories of the years gone by. So the fight continues. As a wise man once told me " To all the addicts: We can, we can be kings and conquerors. We can, today rule over our thoughts and lay waste to our addictions from the throne of sobriety.

-F


If you'd like to write something, please send it to recoveryintheatre@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Drinking After Rehearsals=Everyone is Suspicious - Steve

How Do You Eat an Elephant? (and other bullshit riddles)

I Never Drink Alone So I Am Never Alone- Neva